…are important as we all die one day.
…are conversations that address our personal views on death and dying.
…are conversations focusing on matters that are important to us as we approach the end of life. These include:
Dare to Talk, Care to Listen
Some find it hard as they...
- Do not wish to face their own mortality. But we know that,
- Talking about dying won’t make it happen.
- Not talking about dying does not prevent it.
- Fear upsetting others.
- Yes, it can be an emotional conversation but your views and concerns need to be heard. Likewise, be a good listener when your loved ones share theirs.
- Do not know how.
- The biggest reason for discomfort with talking about death/ dying is that they do not know how to broach the topic (45%).